Background

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Updates on the house

It's been about a week since my last post, figured it was time for an update! 

We are officially under contract on the home we're buying - got the paperwork later that day (the day of my last post). It's starting to feel more real, we've taken both sets of our parents to see it and 2 of my sisters and everybody loved it. Even Jake's dad - who was looking for things wrong. Happy day! 

We found out some history on the house we're buying - there used to be hard core hoarders with lots of cats in the house - #gross. There was also a lot of water damage caused by a leaky pipe. The house was totally renovated and it looks amazing now, hence why we love it. The inspection was yesterday and it passed with flying colors which is always a good sign! The yard needs help but that's something we know how to do so it shouldn't be tough. 

Our sale is still going great, the buyer decided not to do an inspection and came and looked at it with a contractor friend last weekend. He didn't see anything he wanted fixed (other than he wants us to buy another smoke detector since the house is 1 short) so he is ordering the appraisal! That's a great sign. After the appraisal we submit all the paperwork to the lender and then to the USDA department and wait. Things are looking good though! 

I'm eating again (forgot to mention that last post - I was so stressed I didn't want to eat which is SOOOO not like me) but still having a hard time sleeping. It's getting better though! Most days I'm up at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep if I tried but today I slept until 8. Yay! 

We're starting to organize things in preparation for packing and I've sold a whole bunch of stuff I'm finding. We've made over $200 so far! Every little bit helps right? We have some furniture that won't fit in the new house so once it officially is ours we'll be buying a new dresser and selling ours, stuff like that.  I'll keep you posted as the next few weeks go but it's looking good! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys but sad at the same time that you'll be leaving the neighborhood and ward! Glad you'll still be close. Good luck with everything and let us know if you need help with anything!

    ReplyDelete