|My mom told me that she used to give us otter pops when we were teething and we loved it. Kaycee seems to love it too!! We just give it to her unopened so she doesn't eat anything, she just chews on the nice coldness.|
|Matching with dad!|
|She woke up early from a nap one day so I grabbed her swing and she watched me finish my workout|
|First time eating baby food - bananas! She didn't love it like I thought she would, but she did pretty good considering it was her first time.|
|Rolled over in her crib|
|Taking a nap on her tummy. Don't worry, I only checked on her every 2 minutes. Longest 2 hour nap of my life!|
|She got sick last month and was VERY snuggly as a result. So sad but I loved the snuggles|
|First time swimming! She loved it!!|
|You'd never guess she was sick - she was still so smiley!|
|Kaycee met her cousin Adalynn! They're 5 months apart.|
|She loves faces - she touches mine some, but she LOVES to touch Jake's. I think it's all the fuzz|
|First un-swaddled nap. Went pretty good, but after a few days we went back to swaddling|
|Sleeping on her side|
|She's getting really good at selfies!|
|Summertime grass fun|
|I took the picture a second too late - she had the ENTIRE binky in her mouth!|
|Playing with Penny, our neighbors dog we are tending with Max playing in the background|
|Ever since she was sick, she's gotten better at cuddling. The last week has been AMAZING! I hope it keeps up!|
Now for the fun updates:
- She rolled over from her tummy to her back on June 28, but she's only done it a few times and she can only do it if she rolled onto her tummy a certain way. The rest of the time she still is stuck.
- I gave her some homemade guacamole last night and she LOVED it. Hopefully that means she loves avocado's just like me!
- She reaches for Max whenever he comes anywhere near her. She loves to hold on to his collar, feel his fur and laughs whenever he licks her hands. She went through a phase a few days ago where the sight of him was enough to make her laugh and laugh. I love that they're becoming such fun buddies!
- She's barely in 3-6 month pants, and if I'm honest they don't fit anymore. 3-6 onesies still fit pretty good though, and her 3-6 month jammies are fitting for the time being. I don't think they're going to fit her next month though!
- Size 3 diapers are fitting great!
- She's recently upped her ounces each day. Before, she was doing 24 if I was lucky and the pediatrician recommends anywhere from 25-32 so technically she wasn't eating even the minimum and she STILL has all the rolls! She's upped it now to closer to 27. Her biggest bottle of the day is 7 ounces, first thing in the morning after it's been 12 hours since she ate last and she only finishes it all half the time.
- She's still rocking 12 hours a night of sleep. She woke up yesterday 2 hours earlier than normal and just wanted to cuddle - I rocked her for a while and she fell right back asleep. I think she had a bad dream.
- We've tried tweaking her schedule a little this month because she is able to stay awake longer than 90 minutes now! Her morning wake time is usually 2 hours instead of 90 minutes, then 2 hour nap, then back to 90 minutes wake time and 2 hour nap, 2 hour wake time, 1.5 hour nap, 2 hours wake time and bed time. So I get 7.5 ish hours awake with her a day haha. She LOVES her sleep!
- She has fallen in love with her binky REALLY bad - it's become the perfect way to get her to stop fussing, and she loves it when it's nap time or bed time. She went through a phase where she would suck on it in her crib for a few minutes then take it out and play with it and somehow throw it under her crib. Every. single. nap. By the end of the day, there's 3-4 binkies under her crib. We started using a binky leash and it's fixed the problem! She's pretty good at sticking her binky in her mouth after it's fallen, but sometimes she stick it in the wrong way. It's adorable.
- She is starting to like to play with any of her toys, not just Sophie. She has a butterfly that she's had a lot more interest in lately. It's fun seeing her play with lots of her toys!
- She's doing great at sitting up unsupported. She hasn't done it long enough for me to get a picture and that's when I consider her being able to do it by herself, but she's making great progress!
- Tummy time isn't quite as traumatic anymore. She squawks some, but then she just sucks her thumb and lays with her head on the floor. Not quite as interested in pushing up when she's tired but at least she doesn't hate it as much!
- She still loves her toes - she's always reaching for them.
- She still loves to hold hands. Melts my heart every time.
- She can't hold her bottle on her own yet and pretty sure that's my fault - I don't really let her haha. One of her arms is tucked under while she eats so that she isn't flailing around so she doesn't get the chance to have both hands on her bottle very often. Can't have her growing up too much on me!
- She still doesn't like to put weight on her feet, but is getting better in her exersaucer and does occasionally stand for a few seconds if we support her chest. Definitely still needs lots of support so I don't think we need to worry about having an early walker on our hands.
- We've been swimming 3 times so far this summer and she absolutely loves it. I figured she would since she loves bath time so much. Last weekend we put her in this cute little boat at Kjell & Paige's house and she floated around in that and loved it. We are planning on going to buy her one soon so that when we take her swimming at our pool she can float around.
- She's always been a daddy's girl but this month she's starting to act more like she likes me too - she smiles for me just like she smiles for Jake. I didn't realize how jealous I was of her relationship with Jake until she started doing the same things for me. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE seeing my cute manly husband melt over our baby and I love seeing in her eyes how much she loves him, it's just SO nice having her act excited to see me too!
- She has learned how to shake her head no. Pretty sure she has no idea what it means, but it is SUPER cute. We ask her questions and she'll shake her head no: "Do you want to go to bed?" shakes her head "Do you want to stay up all night?" shakes her head. Super cute.
- She laughs at EVERYTHING. Any time we breathe different, gasp, peek a boo, smile, anything - she thinks EVERYTHING is funny and is always smiling and laughing. It makes life SO much more fun with a happy baby!
Happy half birthday beautiful, we love you so much!!