Background

Thursday, November 8, 2012

To fill you in

So I feel like all I have blogged about lately are things with my half marathon and I want to fill you in on the rest of our lives. Just the regular hum drum daily stuff that makes up my life as a McClellan :)

I am loving working in Saratoga Springs. I love working full time, and I didn't think that I would. I love the girls I work with, and I am finally starting to recognize a few customers. I wish I knew more of them, but it will come with time. I really like my schedule, and I also like receiving paychecks for working 40 hours a week haha. I just passed Peak 4 in the Teller program, which means I am as high and legit of a teller as you can get at the Bank of American Fork. That means a raise and a bonus. WOOT! The test is a beast, so I was really proud of myself for passing it! I feel very blessed and lucky to have a job so close to home that I like so much.

Jake is still working graveyards at US Synthetic - unfortunately. I have been wanting him to go to days for a LONG time but I figure it's his job - let him do what he wants to do. Now though, he is ready to come to days and is having a hard time finding a position. Hopefully something will come up soon - we are crossing our fingers!!

Things with my platelette count are great. The medicine is working and I am tapered down to 40 MG a day. I go to American Fork Hospital every Thursday on my lunch break and get my blood drawn, and then on Friday I call my Dr. and have him tell me that it's ok to go down another 10 MG. Hoping tomorrow brings the same results and I can go down to 30 MG! The only downside to all this is that I am getting my blood drawn a lot and I have "bad" veins, so they have to "wiggle" the needle around in my arm to get blood to come out. Yep it sucks.

I signed up to be a Beachbody Coach! Basically, now I can sell this amazing TurboFire product that saved my life! I have liked it so far - getting to talk to people about fitness is great! I just get stressed that I am coming across as a salesman and really I just want people to also enjoy this amazing DVD series that helped me. If it helped me, it can help them! Because I became a coach, I get a discount so I started drinking Shakeology. Oh. My. Gosh. I wish I had done this a long time ago. The reason I didn't is because it is expensive. But it is worth it. And I mean that. I am NOT just saying that as a salesman. This week alone I have lost 4 or 5 pounds and I should be bloating this week if you catch my drift and instead I am LOSING weight! And lots of it! My body is getting "shocked" into results and I love it! I am close to goal weight, but not there yet and this is really helping!

We just bought a new laptop! I had wanted to buy one for Jake for Christmas and ended up telling him about it and we were at the Apple store this past weekend anyway so we got it! It is really nice - it's a MacBook Air and he loves it. Which means I got his old one!! HECK yes for having a laptop again! I love it!!

This past Sunday, Jake was able to prepare the Sacrament with the Priests in our ward. Yes, you read that right. My husband is a worthy priesthood holder. CAN HE GET A FREAKING STANDING OVATION?! I am SO proud of him!! Next step is for him to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood, and then he receives his endowment and then WE GET TO BE SEALED IN THE TEMPLE!! Seriously, I am SO excited in case you didn't pick up on that! He is still the amazing man I married, but better. It's hard to explain. But I can tell the Spirit is starting to take over, in things he says and his priorities. I love it. Seriously, the gospel is true people. Amazing things happen when you have faith in the Lord's timing.

Presidential Elections just happened and Romney didn't win. I actually thought he would. Even though I followed absolutely nothing in the political arena. I didn't even vote. But he won my state, so it's not like my vote cost him the election or anything. We were talking about it at work and we all came to the conclusion that the next righteous leader this country has will be Jesus Christ. Our country has just gotten too "wicked" to be ready for a President like Romney. And that is scary. It reminds me of something I would read in the Book of Mormon or something about all the wars and people choosing wicked leaders but it is happening in my day and age and it sucks. My good friend Sarah Hunt posted this on her blog recently and I just loved it, so I thought I would share:

"Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House but on what happens inside your house." - James E Faust


Love that. And that is something I can control. So AMEN!   Around the house, everything is really good. I am keeping the house a lot cleaner than I thought I would with working full time. Keeping up on laundry, grocery shopping - all that good stuff. I even made a revolving menu and laminated it so that I know exactly what I am going to cook each night of the week so that I can buy everything at the store in one trip and not need to go back and get stuff and I have been making dinner BEFORE work so that I just come home and throw it in the oven. GO ME!! Cleaning up after just the two of us isn't hard though, and Max only contributes the occasional toy on the floor or spilled dog food in the kitchen. I just gave him a hair cut last weekend and it looks really good! I am learning, finally! We have family pictures next weekend so you will get to see it when I post those!! I am REALLY looking forward to getting those taken!! I am getting a "clean up" hair cut this weekend so that my hair can be just GORGEOUS for pictures. Seriously I love my hair stylist Kariann. Amazing skills.   Last weekend I got to spend some time with my dad. He is going through a hard time right now {his apartment is getting remodeled and he had to throw away a lot of his books and stuff in an effort to get organized and de junkify, his books are all stored at our house and he just lost his job} and it was really good to spend some time with him. He will be staying with us again next weekend while he is temporarily out of his apartment. For the next week he is staying with Brynne & Blake but next Saturday is their anniversary {well really it's Sunday but they are celebrating Saturday} so he will be staying with us! Can't believe they have been married for a year already - crazy how time flies!     Well I think that is all the stuff I can update you on in our regular lives. Goal for tomorrow is to do a blog post on weight loss in October and specific weight loss goals for November! And I promise I will be better at blogging about family stuff, not just stuff about me. I want this to be a family journal written by me, not 100% about me! But the weight loss stuff is a big part of what's going on with us, so that is getting included too. I just don't want it to over take the blog. Anyway - look for that post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment