Background

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence day gratitude

So it's the 4th of July and I am watching Big Bang Theory on my couch while Jake is golfing with Dustin. And all I can think about is how grateful I am for so many things I have in my life. That is the way I normally feel around Thanksgiving, not on the 4th of July but hey I'll roll with it! Always love a chance to be grateful!

The biggest thing coming to mind is how different my life is from 2 years ago. Like I seriously can't believe how different everything is. 2 years ago, I was at my highest weight. We were $14,000 ish in debt, working towards paying off the Mazda but still owed a ton on the Jeep. I wasn't active in the church, still no where near having a temple recommend. I was on approximately 7 prescriptions, and met with a Psychologist twice a week. Every week. For 3 months. To say that I was at an all time low would be the serious understatement of the century.

We were on the Dave Ramsey plan and working towards getting out of debt, but we weren't there yet. We were a month away from paying off the Mazda and had no money at all because every single cent we made went to debt. We ended up having our first anniversary in August and ate dinner at Outback Steakhouse (with a gift card from Jake's work), went to a movie (with a gift card from my work) and then ate cherry cheesecake at home. Look out - we went ALL OUT on that one, not.

And now, here we are - 2 years later. We have a house. Our own house. That we own. Well we have a mortgage but we aren't renters. We love our house and our neighborhood. We have two pretty nice cars & they work. We have no credit card debt. We have pretty nice stuff - phones, computers, our furniture, etc. We have money in savings and are able to do fun stuff pretty regularly, like going to the movies or to dinner. We still do pretty cheap stuff since we are trying to save money, but we have more money to spend on fun things. And I work LESS than I did then! We are getting ready to celebrate our 3 year anniversary and I am so excited! Hoping we go somewhere fun overnight, like Park City but the plans are still up in the air.

I have a temple recommend now - and have been to the temple and received my endowments. I get to take the sacrament every week. I have not one but two callings - one as a visiting teaching supervisor and one as a nursery teacher. I LOVE my callings and my ward and the changes I have noticed in myself as I made the progress necessary to get me to this point. We are working towards going to the temple together as a family to be sealed and words can't express how excited I am about that!!!!!

And obviously, you know all about my weight loss. As of yesterday, I have lost 90 lbs from my highest point two years ago. The changes I have noticed in my body, my health, my attitude are so worth it that I would do it all over again in a second. The things I have learned about my body and the way that eating and exercise affect my body are so worth this! But the good news is, I never need to lose that much weight again. I am 40 pounds from my goal weight, and I will need to tone up and lose baby weight after we have each of our little kiddo's but I will never ever let myself get the way I was 2 years ago. In any aspect of my life. I am declaring Independence from the old me. Fully embracing the new me - and SO excited to see where I am next 4th of July!!

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment