Background

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Retail Therapy

Two weekends ago I had the chance to go get some new clothes! I have been thinking for a little bit that my wardrobe needed to be updated. I have been slowly cleaning out my closet of stuff that doesn't fit anymore and as a result have very little to wear. Well I changed that on last Saturday! I went and bought 5 new shirts. I don't think I have ever bought that many shirts at once in my entire life.

I went to Maurices and found some SUPER cute stuff on the 30% off racks. They started a dressing room for me and by the time I got back there to try stuff on there was 9 shirts back there. I have never, ever, EVER been able to try on everything I brought back and have every single item fit. EVER. And I was able to shop for these items in the "regular" area of the store - not the plus size area. There was a few things I tried on that I didn't love and I didn't end up buying them because of the line from the movie "The Blind Side" - Sandra Bullock says that "if you don't love it in the store, you won't love it at home".

I love everything I got and when I got home, I "celebrated" the fact that I got some cute new clothes, on sale, that fit AWESOME by cleaning out MORE of the stuff from my closet that doesn't fit anymore! That feeling I get when I try something on and I actually like how it looks on me is becoming such a high. That, by itself, is motivation enough to get me to keep working out and watching how I eat. Add in the increased energy, clear skin, positive attitude {most of the time} and AWESOME people I have met and it makes it SO much more worth it. I am so glad I started making these changes to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment