Background

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A whole lot better...

Well folks, I am feeling a WHOLE lot better. It took me a few days but I realized that part or most of the reason I was so moody & not feeling like myself was because I have been really stressed. All great things - my calling, Jake's calling, my job, Jake's job, family & trying to keep both sides happy with how often we see them, stuff with my Beachbody business, workouts & trying to bust through my plateau, Christmas, etc. Just have a ton on my plate and I realized over the weekend that it's time to "trim the fat" and REALLY prioritize. Jake is my number 1 priority. And because we have all these other things going on, it's making it so that I have been treating him AWFUL and that's the last thing I want.

So I am minimizing Christmas and trying to make it as easy and pain free as possible on myself. I got a lot of shopping done last weekend while Jake was at work {he worked over time Friday night} and that has made me feel a LOT better. There are presents under our tree now - finally! We ran out of tape though, so the wrapping has come to a brief hault. As soon as I have more tape, I plan to finish the wrapping so that I can have my guest bedroom back haha. We still have no idea who's house we are going to when. That is a HUGE cause of my stress. Both families want us all day both days and that isn't fair {obviously} so Jake & I need to figure out who gets us when and we just haven't finalized the plan because our parents keep changing plans. Good times right? Can't wait until we have kids and a legitimate excuse to stay home on Christmas morning so that this drama can work itself out!

I am also seriously cutting back on Beachbody stuff. Yes, I am still a Beachbody coach. But I am not pursuing it like I was. If someone approaches me, then I will be all over helping them. I am not going to seek out people to talk to though. And I think that's what Beachbody wants you to do - to kinda wait for them to come to you. I just felt like I needed to find them and sell everything to everyone in a short amount of time and it was really burning me out. I'm wishy-washy on this - one minute I want to tone it back and the next I feel like I can handle it. I guess we'll see how the next few weeks go. I am getting certified as a Turbo Instructor this weekend and after that I will be able to teach Turbo. That means that I will get a paycheck for working out. Not a paycheck for working out and then selling the workout to someone else {like with Beachbody}. I am SO excited for that! Nervous and scared out of my mind, yes. But excited! I am planning to really mix up my workout routine so that I can get in better shape so that I can talk during Turbo {giving cues and such}. Either way, Turbo is my soulmate workout and I am happy I found it and that I will have the chance to help other people along their fitness journey, both through teaching & as a Beachbody Coach.

Speaking of helping others, I have had the most AMAZING opportunity come up! My "instafriend" Zach Bohannan (click here to see his blog) has a TRULY inspirational story - he has lost over 100 pounds himself and is getting SO toned and is right at the end of his losing journey. He featured ME on his instagram - posted one of my before & afters and told everyone to go follow me. And they listened - I got around 60 new followers on Instagram that day. 60! CRAZY right?! I was so honored and flattered that he would post that about me! And THEN a writer for DietsinReview.com contacted me through my facebook page {link is on my Instagram} and told me they recently wrote a story on Zach and wanted to do one on me too! SOMEONE IS WRITING A STORY ABOUT ME!! My interview is today at 2 PM via phone call. I am nervous, not going to lie - I have no idea what to expect or what to say but hopefully it all flows and just comes to me haha. I feel so blessed that I have the chance to share my story and influence others to change their health so that we can end the trend of obesity!

I have also relieved some stress about my health & nutrition & plateau. I ordered a book called "Eat Clean Diet - Recharged" that was referred to me by an AMAZING girl on Facebook who has ALSO lost a ton of weight - 136 pounds to be exact. Went from a size 20 to a size 2. So it IS possible to get that small!! That gave me a LOT of hope! I am SO excited to read this book and see what changes I can make to further clean up my diet. And starting December 25, I am doing ChaLean Extreme again - phase 2. This time with weights. Yep, Santa is bringing me weights! Makes me SO excited for Christmas knowing that something I want is under the tree and I know it's there. I keep telling myself it's ok to just start using them now but that isn't true. I gotta wait. That's hard about Christmas - waiting. But worth it! I can't wait to see Jake's reaction to his main gift - it's gonna be awesome. He has NO idea what I got him!!

AND Jake spoke in Sacrament Meeting in church this past Sunday! I almost forgot to tell you!!! His topic was on personal growth - basically Brother Woodward {2nd Counselor in the Bishopric- we just love him!} wanted Jake to share his story on how he has come back to the church after being inactive for most of his life. Jake was so nervous, and the morning of his talk I think he seriously contemplated calling in sick to church but he went and he did GREAT and shared his testimony about missionary work at the end. That was my favorite part - he said something along the lines of how "he has a testimony of missionary work because of his brother going on a mission. Even though his brother isn't here, Clint has been a really good missionary to Jake". It was great - I was SO proud of him!! He said afterwards that he had been shaking but you couldn't tell - he was looking down quite a bit but that's my shy guy for ya. First talk EVER and he ROCKED it. Babe, I am so proud of you!!

Just know I AM feeling better emotionally. That last post was me super moody and I was like that for the past 2 ish weeks and now I'm back and chipper as ever :) Oh and side note - things are looking great with my platelette count! Been off prednisone for almost 2 weeks and my blood count is staying high so we are crossing our fingers for no surgery! That means, if all stays well, we get to start trying for a baby within the next few months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment