Background

Thursday, September 12, 2013

23 weeks - an ear of corn

Dear Kaycee,

Tomorrow you'll be 24 weeks. Sorry I'm so behind! But today, you're still 23 weeks so let's talk about that!


This week, you are the size of an ear of corn. And that's pretty dang big! I can't believe how much you're growing. I've felt really good this week - haven't thrown up since early last week which is super nice. I haven't felt much movement, other than the football game last Friday, but I think that's because you're just little and so much like dad.

The biggest thing that has happened this week is that I have been pretty "down" about how much weight I have gained and how much my body has changed. I kept thinking these things were pregnancy caused and there's nothing I can do about it. Until I did the math and realized just how much I have gained. Considering you're just over halfway done, I shouldn't have gained this much. And that hit hard. I started looking at pictures from before I found out we were pregnant and immediately felt sad that my body doesn't look like that anymore. And based off of popular belief and what I always hear, my body won't ever look like that again. Not that it was perfect, by ANY means. Losing 130 pounds makes your body look different than you'd imagine but I was proud of how I looked. For a split second, I regretted what pregnancy is doing to my body.

And then I realized what that meant. I DO NOT REGRET YOU. Not for one single second. If it means I gain all the weight I ever lost and more that's fine. I want to be a mom. I want to be YOUR mom. And you are worth it. You're going to be MORE than worth it.

So I decided to do something about my weight gain. I started tracking my calories again. And rather than eating so many carbs, like crackers and stuff, I started eating WAY more vegetables and fruits, like I did before I was pregnant. If I want to feel like I did before I got pregnant, it makes sense that I would treat my body the way that I used to. I'll talk more about that in this next week's post.

And here's a pic from this week. YAY for dad helping me!


Yay for you being here in 16-ish weeks! And your 24 week appointment is today - can't wait to hear your cute heart beat again! Love you princess!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment