Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Last weekend was Labor Day and it was VERY relaxing and awesome to have such a long weekend. Because I am working this Saturday for Faith, she switched me schedules so I got her usual day off, which is Tuesday, so I had a 4 day weekend! Like I said, it was VERY relaxing.

Friday after I got home from work, Jake & I spent some time together and then we called it a night early. I wasn't quite tired yet, so I took a nice long bath and finished reading "The Hunger Games" for the second time. I forgot how much I like these books! Last time I read them, I hauled through them and read them each in a day, the first two in one sitting each. I wanted to slow down this time and try to absorb more of them, so I made myself take about a week to read the first one. Finishing it while soaking in the tub was a nice way to start out my weekend!

Saturday was the first BYU game of the season. FINALLY!! BYU vs. Virginia. Kickoff was set for 1:30, so I spent some time in the morning finishing tidying the house. I started cleaning out Kaycee's room a few weeks ago and decided to get rid of a few things in there. We had an old coffee table that Faith came and got, and an old vacuum that we gave to my high school friend Kate. And we had this ADORABLE sign that my friend Cassie made me for Christmas in there, just waiting to be hung up. She made 3 sets for me, one that says "Family", one that says "Winter" and one that says "Wicked". Guess which seasons those last two are for. The "Family" one is for "off seasons" and I absolutely LOVE it. Just didn't ever get around to hanging it. Well, right before the game, Jake helped me hang it up! It looks awesome!!

After! It looks SOO good!!
I also ran to the grocery store for some game day snacks right before kick off. I was introduced a few months ago to this AMAZING dip called Texas Caviar and Jake has been begging me to make it. During the 1st quarter, I finally made it and it turned out perfect - SOOO dang yummy!! After 1st quarter, there was a rain/lightning delay and they evacuated the stadium for safety reasons. Turned into a 2 ish hour delay. I took a nice nap while they showed other games on ESPNU, the channel the game was scheduled for. Finally, they started the game again!

Due to the delay, there was another game set to come on when the game "should" have ended, but because it was only the beginning of 3rd quarter, they moved our game to another channel and started showing this new game on ESPNU. They had announced that in Utah & Virginia, the game would stay on ESPNU. Well they lied. We lost the game and we were I was kinda freaking out, until we figured out the channel they moved it to was one that we had! Our neighbors, the Peterson's, have DirecTV and didn't have that channel, so we invited them to come watch the game with us. It was super fun having them over - they have 3 adorable boys, one of who{m} was in my nursery class. Bummer part was BYU lost, 19-16. We threw an interception in the last few minutes of the game and Virginia scored off of it. It was pretty sad, but there's another 11 games to watch this season so it's ok!

After the game was over, we drove up Provo Canyon to spend some time with Jake's family. It was nice and relaxing up there and we had a lot of fun sitting and talking about the fire with his parents and Aunt Sally & Uncle Chuck. Kaycee decided she didn't like the ride up the canyon though and I ended up throwing up as soon as we got there, and as soon as we got out of the canyon. She seriously does NOT like car rides!

Sunday we woke up and had a relaxed morning before church, since it doesn't start until 1. I was scheduled to teach Young Women's that day and although I knew what lesson I was teaching, I hadn't prepared my lesson yet. Fortunately, the lesson {on tithing} came together super fast and it worked out perfectly! I also had the chance to bear my testimony during Sacrament Meeting about our experience at the Temple and how grateful I am for the Holy Ghost. It was an amazing 3 hours of church.

After we were finished at church, we came home and changed our clothes, grabbed the Texas Caviar and headed back up the canyon. Dustin {Jake's older brother} and his new girlfriend Keeshia and her son Hunter were there too, so we got to spend some time with them, which was WAY fun! Mom made lasagna in the crock pot with salad and we had our Texas Caviar, which was a big hit. It was delicious. Afterwards, we roasted s'mores around the fire and just talked until Jake & I got tired and we headed back home.

Monday was a nice relaxing morning as well - I sure love relaxing mornings. And it was SOO nice getting to sleep with Jake, since he didn't have to go to work on Sunday night thanks to the Labor Day holiday. We just enjoyed spending time with each other and Max.

He sure seems to like his bed in the living room a lot more lately! He lays in there with his rawhide anytime we are in the same room as him
Later in the afternoon, our friends Andrew & Keeshia asked if we wanted to go golfing. Of course we said yes! They brought their little boy Robby, who is HORRIBLE birth control. I swear he is a big reason we started trying to get pregnant when we did. Andrew also had two of his brothers and their wives come too - John & Camrie {who are due anyday} and Charles & Bonnie with their little boy Joel. It was SUPER fun, since the guys golfed and the girls just talked in the golf carts. Keeshia is expecting too, she's 3 weeks behind me and we are all pretty sure it's a girl. Which would be AWESOME because I'm sure she and Kaycee will be best friends. We played the front 9 at the Ranches Golf Course. Although we have lived on the course for 2 years, it was the first time I got to ride around the course on a cart. SO much fun - can't wait to do it again!

The guys at the last hole
Robby wanted to play too - it was adorable. To make sure he didn't get hit, Jake picked him up and was talking to him for a few minutes. Made this girl's heart MELT - he's gonna be SUCH a good dad!
Finishing off their last hole
Love this guy
We all went to dinner together at La Fuente in American Fork, next to Denny's. It was really good - I highly recommend it! After we left the restaurant, Jake mentioned 3 times in less than 5 minutes how much he liked it. Apparently we'll be going back there!

After we got home from golfing, Jake needed to get some sleep for work and I didn't want to keep him up, so I took another bath. And read all of the second Hunger Games book "Catching Fire". Was up until 3 in the morning but I finished it. This is why I wanted to slow down on those books haha - I read them WAY too fast!

Tuesday I spent most of the morning in bed, since I was up so late, and then gave Max a hair cut. That turned out WAY too short. He looks like a little naked rat haha. But it's hair, it'll grow back thankfully. I was in charge of mutual activity that night, combined with the Young Men. We played water volleyball! I had a hard time finding water balloons and just ended up buying normal balloons, but they worked out perfect. It was super fun! Afterwards we had chocolate popsicles and then the kids played normal volleyball. It was really fun!

And that wraps up our awesome Labor Day weekend! It was a really fun one - and a good kickoff for September. This month is going to be AWESOME, thanks to a couple trips, painting Kaycee's room - stuff like that. And it's FALL! And football is here! It really will be an awesome month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment