Background

Friday, August 30, 2013

22 weeks - A Papaya

Kaycee,

Sorry I missed blogging about your 21 week mark - mom dropped the ball there. You were a spaghetti squash. Dad & I have no idea what that is, but that's what you were last week!

 
Now, you are a papaya! The app I use to track your progress changed this week, so it looks a little different from how it's looked before. And your countdown is wrong - don't know why it says 18 week and 4 days but whatev.


The last two weeks have been great. I feel like time really is going faster now. I've always heard that the weeks go by faster after you hit the halfway mark, and so far that's true. And the holidays haven't hit yet. That's gonna make it go by even faster! Especially since mom & dad have some fun stuff planned for September. That'll REALLY help make time go by fast. That, and it's football season. Fall always flies by for mom - it's my favorite time of year. 

My hips have been hurting a little bit more, but it isn't unbearable. You're worth it. I have also been feeling kinda nauseous in the mornings, which isn't so fun. Earlier this week I called in sick to work and spent the entire day sleeping. I can't believe how much I slept that day! Apparently we needed it though, I've felt a little bit better since then.

You seem to really like soup type things. Or at least that's what I am craving lately. I have had chicken noodle soup twice this week, even though it's in the 90's. Makes my body temperature a little weird - I feel super hot and yet that's all I want to eat haha. That, and ramen. But I am trying not to eat ramen noodles since they are so high in sodium and there is no nutritional value to it whatsoever. You also seem to really like cantaloupe lately. Just like dad. Don't know why I'm surprised - dad loves cantaloupe.

And best of all, I started feeling you move. It's hard to explain what it feels like, but it isn't like what I was expecting. They say it's like butterflies, but that isn't true. I figured it'd feel like a poke - something sharp and sudden. Not like that either. It's more like... a bubble. Like I have a bubble in my tummy for a second. That I can only feel for a short amount of time and then it stops. I can't wait until I can feel you for longer amounts of time, but for now I am just glad I can feel you. It's an awesome experience.

And I am starting to get more of a belly! It's fun having people realize I am pregnant. I don't know if it's "expected" to be showing at 22 weeks with your first, but I am and I'm ok with that. I've been excited to have a little bump and now I have one!

With my arm resting on you. PS - mirror pregger selfies are AWKWARD! I need to have dad help me take some pictures next week!
No arm - definitely getting a bump!
Mom sure loves you babe. Dad & I are getting ready to start working on your room. Grandma & Rick and your aunts are going to help mom paint your room in a few weeks. Dad & I just need to decide what colors we want to do. I can't wait to get your room all ready.

And I can't wait until you're here. I love you so much babe. I'm scared to be a mom - what if I do it wrong? What if you hate me? Before you're 16? But at the same time I know that it'll be ok. Only 18 ish more weeks {and 16 weeks until mom is officially a stay home mom}

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment