Background

Thursday, August 8, 2013

My First Born

So I mentioned a few posts ago that I started crying at how much I love my Max the other day. And oh is it true. He has been sleeping with me EVERY night. I get him out as soon as I get home from work around 2:15 and spend the whole rest of the day and night with him until it's time for me to go to work at 9. So basically there are about 5 hours that I am away from him. I am getting even more attached the more pregnant I get!


I think he knows I am pregnant. I don't know if he knows what pregnant means, or that a baby is coming, but I think he knows something is different. And I think he knows that difference involves my tummy. He is VERY cuddly around my stomach, and just nuzzles right up next to it. He also likes to step on "her" a lot and walk across my stomach. I can't WAIT until she kicks him back haha. Overall though, the last few weeks, he has been INCREDIBLY snugly. I absolutely love it.

And I have a feeling that Miss Kaycee is going to love him just as much as I do. If not more. He is a playmate that is her size. One of the MANY reasons I love my little dog. I just hope he doesn't love her TOO much more than he loves me or I might get jealous haha.

Snuggling last night on my bed
The night before last, laying on the mountain of pillows I use for helping my hip pain
Last weekend he got VERY tuckered out while watching me clean the house haha. He fell asleep in our hallway and couldn't get up to come back in the bedroom.
Watching out the front window for me to come home - looks VERY comfortable haha
Snuggling in his bed. He NEVER lays in this bed haha. He only does if he is trying to get a treat. He must have been VERY tired to lay underneath his blanket haha.
Sun bathing outside. He LOVES the sun, but then comes in and his body is SOO hot and he drinks TONS of water. I don't think he realizes the sun makes him hot!
His go to pose when he wants a belly rub!
I love my first born, even if he is a puppy. I am so grateful Jake let us get him. I am so grateful that he is so well house trained. I love his kisses, especially after a long day or first thing in the morning when I wake up alone before Jake gets home from work. I love how happy he is to see me. I love how fast his tail wags when I look at him - I don't even have to talk and his tail just wags and wags. I love that I know my puppy loves me. I don't know how good of a practice child he has been, since he is such a good dog, but I love him just the same. I can't wait to see him interact with Kaycee. A few weeks ago we brought him to my parents house and my step brother Matt's little boy Keaton was there {he's not quite a year} and Max sniffed him and then lost interest. I was SOO excited - I thought he would lick him and jump on him and scare him. He just sniffed him and oh cool and went back to what he was doing. It's a big relief knowing that he might realize it isn't ok to jump on little people. I sure love you Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment