Background

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

33 weeks - a pineapple

Dear Kaycee,

Mom totally dropped the ball on weekly updates about us - sorry! Wish I had some awesome excuse, like I've been working 50 hour weeks or something but nope, I got no excuse for why I haven't been blogging. This week, you are a pineapple. And what a cute pineapple I'm sure you are. Last week you were a honey dew! 

The last few weeks have been a little unnerving actually - it's really starting to hit me that you are coming soon! And as excited as I am to meet you and see your cute little face and fingers and toes, I am also getting nervous. I am VERY much a planner, as I'm sure you know, and knowing that I can't plan every second of my life for the next 6 months because I don't know how you'll sleep or if you'll be perfectly healthy or whatever has me stressed! It's been good for me at the same time though - I need to just have faith and trust in the Lord and everything will work out the way it's supposed to and I just need to take it one day at a time. Much easier said than done!!

Me and Max reading a book in the chair in your room. I love being in there, and so does he!
Sleep is getting interesting lately. My hips hurt most of the time, and laying on them since I have to sleep on my side doesn't make it much better! Sometimes they even hurt when I am walking. But it'll all be worth it, of that I am sure. I just hadn't ever heard people talk about having hip pain during pregnancy, so I wasn't expecting that at all! I sleep really good when I sleep on the couch, but I'm too stubborn and would rather sleep on my bed. Yesterday, dad & I went to the chiropractor and so far that seems to be helping. I may be visiting the chiropractor a lot in these last few weeks!


I am starting to notice some new cravings! Nothing crazy uncontrollable like I had imagined, but you seem to really like red meat & Kit Kat's. I didn't like either of those things very much before you came along, but dad LOVES both of those things. I hope that means you'll be a daddy's girl. Nothing would make me happier to have you be just like your dad.

The day before we hit 33 weeks
Mom & dad registered for a pre-birth class to take at Utah Valley Hospital, we start taking the class in 2 weeks. I am VERY excited about this class, mostly because I am hoping it will help me feel a little more at ease about the day of your arrival. I'm still feeling really scared about all that and we're hoping this class will help!

Your big brother hasn't been cuddling up to you as much lately, but this morning he sure was! I pulled him under the blankets with me about an hour before I needed to get up and was trying to get him to snuggle me with no success. As soon as I was about to give up and let him just get back on the floor or go wherever he wanted to go, you kicked him SUPER hard and he IMMEDIATELY cuddled right up to you. His head was RIGHT on top of where your kick/punch came from, and he laid there, in that exact position, for the whole hour until it was time for me to get up. As soon as he cuddled up, you stopped kicking, which I think means you like him just as much as he likes you. I hope you two are good friends when you meet.

It's been a whirlwind 33 weeks - can't believe how fast it's going by! Less than 7 weeks until you're due date, which means we could be meeting you within 7 weeks! SO crazy to think! And that means mom has 3 days left of working. 3 days. 3 DAYS! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN SO FAST?!

Sure love you princess - keep growing for us.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment