Background

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Believing the Hype

I have when people make a big deal out of books or movies - saying it is the "best movie/book/ ever" because I almost always am disappointed because I go into it with high expectations. A prime example of this is the movie "Finding Nemo". I heard from just about the entire world how amazing this movie is and I ended up absolutely hating it. I hate when people make something sound so great and then it falls short, so I have started second guessing people's opinions when they think something is so great. Everyone has been talking about Pinterest, so I decided to try it and I have finally jumped on the Pinterest wagon - I agree it is just as awesome as people say it is. But more importantly, I jumped on the Hunger Games wagon.


My mom told me a few months ago that she wanted to take my sisters and me to see it at midnight when it comes out in March. I let her know that I hadn't read them yet so maybe not so much. She insisted that I read them ASAP and got the first one for me for my birthday. I have been so involved with Pinterest that all my spare time has gone to crafting, but I have finished up all my crafts and decided to start reading it Sunday night. Jake laid down to get some rest before he went to work {Sunday nights are the equivalent of his Monday} and I curled up on the couch with Max... for 6 hours...


And finished the book. I read the entire thing in one sitting. It was SO good!!!!! It was SO worth it - such an awesome book! I am going to get the second one in the trilogy today. Hopefully I don't go through that one quite so fast though - want to drag it out a little bit and make it take longer to read them all! 

I so can't wait for the movie to come out though - oh my gosh. So yes, Hunger Games is worth all the hype it gets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment