Background

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Kaycee is 5 months!

Our Kaycee girl is 5 months {yesterday}!

Love these 2
Playing outside without getting a sunburn
She fell asleep on the porch in her swing while I was mowing the lawn!
Wearing momma's glasses
Playing with our neighbor Easton. She LOVES older kids!!
We went to US Synthetic's annual Crawdad festival and Kaycee got to see daddy's work for the first time!
Me and mini at Jake's work
Brynne took this one of the days she watched Kaycee while I was at training - love her facial expression!
Too bad Kaycee isn't smiling, she LOVES Brynne!!
Chillaxin
Eating a rubber spatula
Her football onesie is SOO close to fitting!!
That smile just makes me melt
Grinny girl
She really loves her Sophie. I feel like she used to LOVE her links and her Chicka chicka, but now it's all about Sophie
She became VERY snuggly after my week at training. It's nice to know she missed me!
How daddy takes off her clothes. She thinks it's super funny!


Safety first - she loves holding onto straps
Turned 90 degrees and busted out of her swaddle!!
She fell asleep on me!! Thanks to Keisha's trick I can actually get to sleep on me sometimes!
Watching me get ready through the mirror. She seemed so confused why there was so many of me and so many of her!
Costco is apparently her favorite store ever!
Getting a manicure from dad. He does such a good job on her nails so he does it since I've cut her a few times nipping too close to her skin
She loves his beard!
Tummy time!
Turned with her arm over her eyes. Miss drama queen right there!
Sleeping while we grocery shop with a good grip on her little Sophie
Our nearly naked missy!
I love her little smile!!

 Some fun stuff from this month:
  • She's still sleeping 12 ish hours every night without waking up. She woke up last night and it's the first time she's woke up to eat in close to 6 weeks. I'm very grateful she's such a good sleeper!
  • She's officially out of anything newborn or 0-3 months except for some of her sleep sack pajamas. Everything is 3-6 months!
  • She's in size 1-2 diapers from Costco but I think as soon as this box is gone she'll be in size 3. We've only had to buy 1 box since she was born!
  • Definitely still swaddled with arms out or she won't sleep
  • SHE ROLLED OVER!!! She rolled over from her back to her tummy on June 5 for the first time. She was on her tummy time mat in the family room while I was folding clothes on the couch so I had my back to her and Jake looked at her and asked why she was on her tummy when I had set her on her back SO I MISSED IT!! She's done it lots of times since then so I've been able to see it though. She's good at wiggling her little body when she's on her tummy so hopefully rolling from tummy to back is close.
  • She is great at turning herself. She's almost always in a different direction when we go to get her after naps.
  • Still absolutely loves to hold your hand. I love that since she isn't cuddly, it's a great way to feel like she still needs me.
  • She is definitely acting ready for solids but I keep not trying it because I want Jake to be there and our evenings have been insane lately. I need to find a day to do it soon though because she really seems so ready!
  • She was showing lots of interest in a pear I was eating so I handed the core to her to see what she'd do and she tried to suck on it for nearly 30 minutes. She loved it!
  • She's become quite the kicker in the bath, it sounds like she's kicking out a beat sometimes. If it keeps up she's going to be enrolling in soccer ASAP!
  • She isn't too into her thumb lately, she is liking her binkie again. She definitely can't make up her mind on that one!
  • She can pick up things she's dropped, like her Sophie. She's getting better at depth perception too and can reach for things and get them without swinging around.
  • She got an exersaucer and so far she seems to like it! We're trying to help her put more weight on her legs. It's new for her but she's getting better every time.
  • She loves all her aunts. LOVES. She giggles like crazy for Macy, Jeannene and Lauryl, Keisha can get her asleep no mater what and she does the funnest faces and smiles for Brynne.
  • I call her cheekamunk and squeaky song bird. She looks like she has nuts in her cheeks because they're so big so it reminds me of a chipmunk. And she squeaks or sings when she's tired. It's actually kinda cute and it's a great way for her to communicate with me!
  • She love sticking out her tongue. It's super cute!
  • She loves her toes - loves loves her toes. As soon as her diaper is off, she's on her side with her toes in her mouth. She loves to reach for them and bring them super close to her face. She's very flexible!!
Happy 5 months princess, we love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment