Background

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Kaycee is 1 month!

Kaycee hit her 1 month mark on Monday! It seriously blows my mind to think that it's only been a month! But at the same time, I feel like the month flew by! Here are some pictures since my last post! 

2 days after my birthday, we left her for the first time. Jake & I went to Tucano's for my birthday and left her with Jake's parents. She did great, and I didn't cry at all - just missed her like crazy! 
Our first "post Kaycee" date! 
On our date, someone asked us to help with an engagement by taking this puppy to the girl right as the guy proposed! Definitely made for a memorable, cold night! 
Kaycee went to church for the first time on February 2! I was dying over how cute she looked in her little dress. We stayed for all 3 hours because she just kept sleeping in her car seat. We decided afterwards we jumped the gun a bit and we'll be waiting until after she's had her 2 month shots before we take her back. 
Her cute bow after church
Giving mom hugs
Still loves her swing...
And her binkie {aka bink}...
And cuddling...
She had a hunger strike day and barely ate all day - I was worried sick! After a trip to her pediatrician, they said she was ok and sure enough, she started eating as soon as we got home. Little stinker! 
The day she turned 1 month, I started working out again. I did ChaLean Extreme in the living room while she watched from her swing. It went great, I just got insanely sore afterwards haha! 
The ADORABLE outfit she got from Kyle & Calli Brooks. I LOVE the little jacket! This was also taken the day she turned 1 month. 
Still has adorable little cheeks
I don't know why but I love this picture - she sure has a cute little face! 
Cuddling on my lap - they both fit if I'm reclined! 
At her 1 month mark, her longest stretch of sleep at once is 6 hours, the night before her hunger strike. I woke up and realized what time it was and it scared the heck out of me she'd slept so long. Then, she woke up and wouldn't eat anything and I was REALLY scared haha. Some other fun things are: 
  • At her 4 week appointment {from when she wasn't eating} she weighed 8 lbs 3 ounces
  • She loves her binkie - her nurse at the hospital when she was born called her Maggie Simpson and it's so true! She sucks and sucks on it. She likes the kind from the hospital, and wouldn't take the other kind that I offered her the other day. 
  • She still loves cuddling, especially with dad - she falls asleep almost immediately
  • She sleeps great in her pack n play at night, especially if white noise is going. She's napped a few times in her crib, but for the most part she naps in her swing or in my arms. 
  • She's wearing mostly newborn clothes still - today she wore her first 3 month onesie that fit. She still has a few newborn outfits that don't fit though - gotta love how each brand has different sizing! 
  • She loves the car, and can be fussing and as soon as we start moving she quiets down and is content as could be. 
  • She makes cute little faces when Max kisses her, and hasn't cried at all when he's barking. 
  • She does great at tummy time, and has moved her head from one side to the other a few times. For the most part, she wiggles around and moves her feet lots. 
  • If we swaddle her, she has to have her hands out - she loves them up by her face. 
  • She is just barely still fitting in newborn diapers - as soon as this package runs out {should be the next day or 2} she will be in size 1 diapers! 
  • She's only had 1 or 2 super messy poops
  • She still loves bath time, and doesn't cry until it's time to get out
  • She HATES lotion - getting lotion put on after her bath is a fate worse than death
  • She's quite the sneezer - her longest streak so far is 9 in a row. Sometimes after she sneezes, she'll make this little noise that's a mix between a coo and a sigh - it's the CUTEST sound ever and ALWAYS makes me and Jake laugh! 
  • She has found her hand a few times and sucked on it, but hasn't discovered her thumb {yet}
  • She's starting to "talk" more after a nap - she'll make little noises while I change her diaper and it's super cute! 

I also got the idea to take a picture once a month in the same place or with the same stuffed animal so that it's easier to see how much she's grown. I decided to do both! 

9 days old
1 month old! Look at her little tummy! 
Sure love this little baby girl - Jake & I are completely smitten with her. Parenting is harder than I thought it would be, in the sense that I'm worried about things I never thought I'd worry about before. There's lots of decisions to make and it's hard to know what the right choice is, which makes me incredibly grateful for prayer and the answers we can receive! I'm very surprised at how well I am adjusting to the lack of sleep thing - I'm still functioning pretty dang well haha!  Sometimes its hard having the house get messy, or knowing that it's 4 and I haven't made dinner yet, but I just tell myself over and over she'll only be little for so long and to try to enjoy it and not be stressed. There's a country song by Trace Adkins called "You're going to miss this" that I sing in my head ALL the time - someday, I'm going to miss this - all of it, so I'm just trying to enjoy it while I can!

It's been an awesome month - I absolutely LOVE being a mommy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment