Background

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Valentines Day 2014

Last week was Kaycee's first Valentines Day! We started out the day with a bath and then a photo shoot - my sister's mother in law bought Kaycee a cute Valentines outfit, so I had to get pictures of it! Our photo shoot was... interesting...



Photo bomb anyone?
Best shot we got
The plan Jake and I had was to just stay home and have dinner and a movie together - nice low key cheap Valentines, but my mom offered to watch Kaycee that night and I couldn't pass that offer up! Jake stopped and picked up Papa Murphy's pizza on his way home from work, which would have been an awesome dinner had I not COMPLETELY burned the bottom of the pizza and the edges of the bread. Next time, don't try to cook them at the same time Ashley! We salvaged as much of the pizza as we could and then dropped her off at my mom's so we could go to the temple together.



No shortage of Kaycee snuggles that night - she was the star of their Valentines!

We went to Draper temple to do sealings together, but they were closed for cleaning. Turns out, Draper, Oquirrh, Salt Lake & Bountiful were all closed for cleaning at the same time! We called first and made sure Jordan River was open, and they were, so we went there!



It was our first time being back at the temple since our sealing and it was amazing. Neither of us had done sealings for the dead before, so it was a learning experience for both of us but we had a really good time. Afterwards, Jake got a slurpee and we went and picked up our princess. If this is how all my Valentines Day's are in the future, I could totally handle that!

No comments:

Post a Comment