Background

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Kaycee is 3 months!

Sorry I've been a little MIA on blogging lately - having too much fun with my little miss! She is 3 months old today! As usual, I'll post some updates, but first a mass photo overload!

This onesie was too small by the time I put it on her, but at least she wore it once!  
She's getting taller!! 
Grinny girl
Scratched her pretty face with her sharp nails - we call them her talons 
Sleepy after the grocery store
Holding onto my necklace 
Too bright on our walk
Sleepy buddies
First time in her bumbo... 
15 seconds later haha. She loves it!  
I absolutely love how snuggly she is
Watching Frozen
Stretching after she got her ears pierced. I love how she stretches! 
Her little buddy
Nakey bum!
Shopping at Holy Cow Boutique
Officially discovered her thumb!
There's a zebra in my mirror! 
I put Kaycee on the floor on her blanket, so Max dug at his blanket until it was right next to her and then he laid down too. I about melted - insanely cute!! 
Conference snuggles 
Best of friends 
Dad makes getting dresses so much more fun! 
We tried on her blessing dress and it fits! Can't wait for her blessing!! 
Her first night sleeping in her room on her own - such a grinny girl! 
Playing outside for the first time - she loved it! 
Cheesing at the grocery store
Going for a walk at Neptune park with Jake & my sister Jeannene 
Her Minnie Mouse jammies fit!  
She came to Turbo Kick with me and did awesome - just watched and grinned at us the whole time 
Monthly nearly nakey shot
Some of the outtakes from her 3 month shoot on her chair
I love how he's always right next to her! 
Some fun things from this month: 
  • She is officially sleeping through the night, and has been for nearly 2 weeks. There's been a few nights where she woke up, but I think she's officially learned to sleep 12 hours at a time! 
  • She's sleeping in her own room! Her first night in her own room was April 4, and she did awesome! Woke up once, and as soon as I gave her a little bottle she fell right back to sleep. 
  • If she's sleeping in her own room, then it's probably obvious she's sleeping in her crib. It was like a switch - suddenly she went down for naps just fine and wasn't sad about being in there. Having her nap in her crib is great, especially since I can monitor her so much easier with her video monitor! 
  • She likes lotion! No more screaming!! 
  • Her bedtime routine consists of a bath, lotion, jammies, a bottle, reading scriptures from her Book of Mormon picture book, family prayer, kisses from me & Jake and then we swaddle her, turn on her white noise on her iPod and turn out the lights. She has her last bottle around 8 PM, and wakes up at 8 AM the next day. 
  • She's started eating every 3.5 hours instead of every 3. Her average bottle is 5 ounces, eating about 25 ounces a day.
  • Right now she's in size 1-2 diapers from Costco. They seem to work pretty good - we've been pretty pleased with them. She averages between 5-6 diapers a day, which we are pretty ok with - we still haven't had to buy diapers, other than the few $5 newborn packages we bought. 
  • She only has 1 newborn outfit that still fits {her BYU onesie} and other than that, she's in either 0-3 or 3 month clothes. And HOLY SMOKES does she have a lot of 3 month clothes. Especially dresses - I'm hoping that she'll at least get to wear them all once, but there might be a few that won't get worn before they are too small. 
  • She's sleeping in a Halo sleep sack because she figured out how to get her feet out of a swaddle in the middle of the night. For naps, she still uses swaddle blankets. 
  • She's kinda given up on her binky. She takes it every now and then, but if she wants to suck on something, she'll either go for her fist or her thumb. When she sucks on her thumb, she fans her 4 fingers up and rests them on her nose. It's adorable. 
  • She sleeps through Max's barking still - THANK HEAVENS! I'd been so worried that he would wake her up - he likes to bark when he sees a cat in the backyard or a golfer, but she sleeps right through it! 
  • She's a little chatty Cathy - she loves to talk to you. When she talks to Jake, he acts like she's telling him a story and says stuff like "Oh really? How big was it? No way! What did you do next" It's the cutest thing ever. 
  • She has the cutest giggle in the universe. She loves to giggle and does it all the time - especially if you just sit and smile at her. She thinks smiling is the funniest thing ever. At first she just laughed for Jake, but now she does it for every one - she's laughed for all 3 of my sisters within the last week. 
  • No sign of rolling over yet, but I'm sure it'll happen soon! 
  • She LOVES to blow "raspberries" - she figured out how to do it about a week ago and she loves to practice, especially in the car. She has woken up in the middle of the night and started doing it while she falls back asleep - Jake & I were laughing so hard {we could hear it on her monitor}. 
  • She really likes loud music - if she's fussing in the car, turning up the music ALWAYS helps her calm down. Especially if we sing to the music. She seems to really like Roar from Katy Perry, and anything country. 
  • She almost always calms down when I rock her and sing Primary songs. Some of our favorites are "I love to see the temple", "I am a child of God" & "I hope they call me on a mission". 
  • She LOVES the sound of music and TV. We have to make sure it's fairly quiet when she's eating, or she will try so hard to see the TV that she won't eat unless she can see it too. Especially if we watch Shaytards or CTFXC, the YouTube families we watch daily. 
  • Tummy time is still going great. She is really developing lots of strength in her neck and arms. 
  • She is conceited little miss - she LOVES looking at her face. Sometimes I turn my phone camera around so she can look at herself and she LOVES seeing her reflection. I want to get a mirror for her crib for her to look at, but haven't got one yet. We attached her mirror to her play mat so that it's right above her if she's on her back and she will just talk and stare at herself for a good 30 minutes and be totally content. 
  • She definitely knows our voices - I've talked to Jake quite a few times while he's at work on speaker phone while feeding Kayc and she looks and looks and looks for him because she knows his voice. We've used Facetime a few times, and she loves to just look at him. 
  • She's started splashing some in the bath, but for the most part loves to just sit and relax in the warm water. 
I can't believe how much she's grown in the last month - it makes me so grateful for my phone and all the pictures I am able to take of her each day! She's such a happy little baby - she very very rarely cries, and if she is crying there's a dang good reason haha. I'm so grateful for the chance I have to be her mom, and to have her in my life. I really can't remember my life before her. 

Kaycee girl, mommy & daddy sure love you! Keep growing big & strong honey! Happy 3 months of being the center of our universe!  

No comments:

Post a Comment