Background

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Ornaments

My family has a tradition of getting an ornament each year to symbolize something that happened to you that year. Our Christmas tree is full of ornaments from my childhood that I was given as I grew up and I have continued the tradition! We get our ornaments as soon as we put up the tree, so we got our ornaments the day after Thanksgiving when I put up the tree! 

My ornament - a pink purse. I love purses and I love pink! 
Jake's ornament - a sun since he went to day shift this year! 
Kaycee's ornament. I got it made off Etsy, I love it! 
I was super on top of things this year and was able to put all of our gifts underneath the tree the day that we set it up because I was done shopping and everything was wrapped! It's been so great being prepared and not being stressed about the gift giving part of Christmas. There were a few gifts that didn't work out that I needed to buy but almost all the gifts have been done and wrapped since Thanksgiving.

Kaycee loves the tree. She loves to rearrange the presents and she loves the shiny blue bulbs on the tree. She loves it all the time but always looks at in fascination at night when the lights are on. Makes Christmas truly seem magical!


It's been a wonderful Christmas so far, can't wait for the rest of the festivities!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun tradition and I think it's awesome you're continuing it with your own family! I can't believe you're so amazing and had all the gifts wrapped and ready to go to put under your tree!! Totally jealous. Every year I say I want to be done shopping early and it never happens!

    ReplyDelete