Background

Monday, December 15, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving this year was great! It was Brynne and Blake's year to be in Las Vegas so we had planned to spend Thanksgiving with Jake's family but they didn't host a dinner this year so we got to have dinner with my family again! We started out the day with a turkey trot 5K. I've never done a turkey trot before but have done 5K's. Jake was going to do the traffic control for it as he is part of the volunteer sheriff department out in Eagle Mountain but he was super tired so he slept in and "watched" Kaycee {aka kept the monitor close since was was still sleeping!} and I went and ran with my mom and 2 of my sisters! 

My mom and I ended up getting ahead of my sisters and they didn't try to catch up to us so we just kept going. It was fun - we danced and went pretty fast for most of it and then started talking and then went at a slower pace after that and just talked. 


After the race we all went home. I had breakfast with Jake and Kaycee and did the little bit of cooking that I needed to do for the day.  We ordered our pies from some girls in the neighborhood who were doing a fundraiser for color guard so I had that part taken care of, I just needed to make rolls to take to my moms and make Jake his very own turkey.  He loves turkey sandwiches so I make a small turkey in the crock pot for him to eat. Kaycee was very intrigued.

I love how big her eyes are 
"No don't touch it!"
She took a nap, I showered and got ready and then when she woke up we headed over to my moms to eat our feast! Rick, my mom, Jeannene, Popper, Sarah, Ulani {Sarah's friend from her mission} and my dad were there with us. We had all the usual Thanksgiving fabulousness and it was all delicious! Kaycee tried mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, a roll, steamed carrots {which she LOVED!} and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. She was her usual cheeser self and was so fun during dinner.





After dinner we all laid around in the front room and watched Miracle on 34th Street. It's a tradition to watch it on Thanksgiving and I haven't seen it in forever! Kaycee took a nap part way through the movie in the pack and play and we all just enjoyed spending time together.

After the movie we had more pie and visited until it was time to go home.  It was a fabulously fun Thanksgiving! I am so grateful for my little family and for the traditions we are able to share with Kaycee! Seeing her react to holidays makes them so much more fun!!


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment