Background

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can't top this

I try to think of myself as a positive person but I definitely have moments where the glass is half empty. Usually though, at the end of the year, I think overall on the positive about the good things that happened that year and look forward to the next year with anticipation and the good things that I hope will happen in the next year. This year though, I am not looking forward to anything next year because I don't think next year could top how amazing this year was.

Seriously - this has been the best year of my life. Jake & I had our 2 year anniversary and are doing great {which considering how hard to live with I am that is an amazing accomplishment on Jake's part}. We bought our first home - with 10% down. That's $17,300. In cash. We love our new home and our ward and our neighborhood. We have remained debt free {except our mortgage but that doesn't count} and are moving in the right direction towards building our emergency fund. I went through the temple and received my endowment. Brynne & Blake got married. We were able to go on several vacations - over the summer we went to San Francisco and we went to Las Vegas in November. We also went camping multiple times over the summer up Provo Canyon. Max got neutered and has turned into the most angelic, well behaved dog {minus the random barking at cars driving by late at night}. I only work 3 days a week now, and am about to have Saturdays off. Jake still loves his job and his schedule. Clint went on his mission! We have got to see Kenzie & Emrie so many times and do so many fun things with them, like going to the zoo and the This is the Place park. No one in our family has been sick and we haven't had any deaths {KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!}. Our relationships with both of our families are awesome and we have just been so blessed - it has been an amazing year! I don't know how next year could ever top this!

Well ok, maybe if we got pregnant that might be better. And no I am not announcing anything. But I don't think that will be happening in 2012. Maybe though. Either way, 2011 was an amazing year and I really don't think 2012 can top it!

No comments:

Post a Comment