Background

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

Yesterday, I volunteered to work to help cover at the Bank since we thought it might be a little crazy. Friday's are usually pretty busy and with it being right before Christmas, it can be super crazy. It worked out great that I went into work, and while I was there Jake ran a few errands {thanks babe - I so appreciate you} and went and bought one of my Christmas presents - a Carhartt coat!


Jake got his Carhartt coat last winter and I have wanted one ever since. I mostly have wanted one because they have hoods and I don't have a coat with a hood. I haven't been able to find anything I like, since most of them are brown or kinda boyish looking and then I was told about the new coat that came out this year by Ashli {I work with her :)} She went to the Carhartt store and bought one a few weeks ago and I have been so jealous ever since, but I couldn't quite justify buying one since they are a little expensive. Well, I think $125 for a coat is kinda pricey. But if it's good quality and will last a long time then it ends up being worth it. And all of the coats I have bought in years past were roughly $30 or $40 bucks each and all ended up not being good quality and I replace them the following year. So I broke down and decided to get the coat.

I bought it on Amazon.com because I found the exact coat I wanted for $99! I didn't feel quite so bad about getting it when I was saving nearly $30! However, the seller had some serious issues and after over a week, they told me they wouldn't be sending it for most likely an additional week and asked if I wanted my money back. I was really bummed but decided to get my money back and just go to the Carhartt store to get my coat. It would be $125 instead of $99 but I wouldn't have to wait. While I was at work, Jake went and got it for me, and ended up getting a 20% discount so it was $106 with tax!!

When I got home from work I brought Cafe Rio with me. I hope they build one of those out in Saratoga Springs. But at the same time, I hope they don't. We would eat there WAY too often if it was any closer. After we finished eating, Jake asked if he could open a present too since I got to open one. I was really confused at first - I haven't opened any presents but then I realized he meant my coat so I agreed to let him open a present too.

The present he chose to open 
Max wanted to see what was inside too 
His face when he realized what it was...  
An Apple TV! 
Opening my coat 
Yay!
I love it!! 
Afterwards, Jake immediately started to connect the Apple TV to the TV in the living room. We ended up needing to go to Wal Mart to get a new battery for the remote, but it was worth it - he absolutely loves it. Just like a little boy on Christmas.


Jake also brought in a gift from one of our previous neighbors when we lived in Lehi - Garin & Heather Granata. Garin was the Gospel Principles teacher in our ward and Heather works with Jake's mom - she is the owner/creator of Little Adventures. They got me this GORGEOUS picture of the Provo Temple, since that is the temple I received my endowment in. I absolutely LOVE it - I can't wait to hang it up!!


I love Christmas Eve Eve. And I love Christmas Eve. And I love Christmas - tomorrow is Christmas!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment