Background

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Blood Count Update {for the billionth time}

Yesterday I went and had my blood work done again. Count went from 41,000 to 45,000 and there fore because it's "kind of" climbing we aren't going to do anything again. It's frustrating for me not knowing what's going to happen, and not having as much energy as I did before. I stopped doing Turbo in the mornings because I don't have the energy for it but I'm trying to find other things I can do to workout that don't require quite as much energy. Between my elliptical Jake bought me for Christmas and PiYo, I should be set!

Not sure what we are going to do as far as surgery goes.  Right now it sounds like my doctor doesn't want to do it because I'm not falling more. His nurse told me he's hoping it will come back up by itself. If it doesn't they'll most likely put me back on the medicine and just taper off like before because it's working. So basically, I could be doing this whole medicine taper thing and randomly getting blood draws for the rest of my life because surgery isn't all that common anymore for fixing ITP. I don't like the medicine at all and don't like the idea of taking it for the rest of my life but we'll see what happens. That's so dang hard for me - I don't want to see what happens I WANNA KNOW!! I'm the least patient person on the planet (Lindsey is probably nodding her head right now) and this has been killing me not knowing what's going to happen but stressing about not knowing won't make it any better so I'm just trying to take things 1 day at a time.

Next blood draw is supposed to be next week. I'll let you know what happens then!

1 comment:

  1. that would be frustrating! and if you were referring to me, yes I am, and yes you are! LOL I hope things come to a head and your doctor makes a flippin' decision!

    ReplyDelete