Background

Monday, August 11, 2014

Kaycee is 7 months!

Our little princess is 7 months old! As usual, pictures first and then some fun stats. And PS - I don't know what happened this month but I took a LOT of pictures this month apparently!

Practicing sitting up with her boppy and playing with her Mr. Potato Head 
The Mr. Potato Head she did - I put all the pieces in a pile and as she picked up a piece I stuck it in the next hole. It's a beautiful creation isn't it? 
I don't know how she got up in the corner like that - she's amazing at moving in her crib! 
We went swimming at a friends and they had a little boat that Kaycee loved, so we had to get her a floaty. I let her hold it at the store and when I took it away to pay for it she fell apart and was super grumpy until I gave it back. First store temper tantrum? 
Way too much fun after a fun day at Grandma & Grandpa's while mom and dad went on a date
Hanging with Uncle Clint at Adalynn's blessing
Macy wanted to practice changing her clothes, and Kenzie had to be right there next to her. She LOVED being right by Kaycee
She discovered the water faucet and was fascinated with sticking her hand under it
I worked out one day while she was awake {normally I do it on her naps} so she watched me and so did the dogs! All 3 did great. 
BYU selfie!
July 18 - the first day she sat up by herself long enough for me to take a picture
Loving her little crab floaty
Max keeps trying to get her to play with him, but she hasn't figured it out quite yet
Very sleepy after an afternoon at the pool
Officially done swaddling on her naps! I've been putting a blanket on her if she's already asleep to keep her from getting cold
We've been going on LOTS of walks - all 3 of us love them! And I love that she's holding on to the side - she's very into holding on to things! 
She loves looking at my phone camera
Snuggles 
Her cute new sandals! 
Avocado face! 

She loves Aunt Popper
Grandpa came to visit! 
She is perfecting the pouty face. She makes this face and Jake and I bend over backwards to do whatever we can to make her stop! 
The other pouty face she makes when she is NOT happy. Breaks my heart! 
Loving on Grammy during Richard's birthday party
Got turned, twisted and stuck! This was the night we tried not swaddling at night, needless to say she still gets wrapped in her wings for bedtime
Playing outside during the rain
Watching the rain storm
Love my kiddos! 
She has started sleeping with her feet up. SO cute! 
She woke up as I walked in 
Caught her! 
All sorts of twisted around and on her tummy after a nap
Folding laundry
Sitting in her first cart at Smith's! She did so great! 
Shoulder ride from daddy. And of course, she's holding on to his ears because she LOVES to hold on to things. 
She's graduated to big girl bath tub. And she LOVES it if you couldn't tell
Sad peanut - she was very snuggly
Jake got a picture of us taking a Sunday nap together
Love this little face
She inflicted pain to someone else with those talons - she drew blood from grabbing my eye so hard! It hurt SOOO bad and I realized a few hours later she had broken the skin in two places. 
Eating some pears 
Tummy time with her bestie
Her first sticker! She got it at Smith's and immediately started trying to eat it. 
Napping on Aunt Nene
Smiling in her saucer! 
I've started giving her one of her bins of toys and she thinks it's so fun to take them all out one by one. I put her in her crib so I could hurry and get dressed and she just played contently with herself. 
7 month nearly naked shot. She's getting so big! 
Love this little smile! 

The night she turned 7 months, I finally braved up and painted her toe nails. 
SOO glad I finally did it, I love seeing them every time I see her cute feet. 
Some fun things from this month:
  • As I said earlier, she sat for the first time by herself long enough to take a picture on July 18. She is now amazing at sitting and can do it for a really long time by herself. 
  • She's doing INCREDIBLE at standing - considering how behind she was, I could not be more proud of her. She likes standing now and pulls against our fingers to get to her feet and just hangs out like that. 
  • Last week, right before bed, she took her little hands and put them on either side of my face and then pressed her lips to mine. I about died. And then she did it again 10 minutes later. Seriously, best slobber moment EVER! She hasn't done it since though :( 
  • We started doing BLW for her solids and she's doing great. So far, she's had bananas, pears, peas, green beans and avocado. She seems to LOVE green beans and avocado, likes bananas and pears and absolute hates peas. She's doing great at chewing too! 
  • Still no sign of teeth, but I swear she has her 2 lower teeth coming in at the same time. Can't see them and they aren't red so probably means nothing but I swear they're coming. 
  • She's doing much better at rolling over from her tummy to her back, but still isn't a pro at it. She knows that we get excited and make a big deal out of it when she does roll over, and one day last week as she was moving from her tummy to her side she stopped and looked at me with this "mom get ready, I'm going to roll over!" smile and then finished rolling over. So cute! 
  • She has started clicking her tongue and it's adorable. She sounds like the "tick tock" part of "Do you want to build a snowman" from Frozen. She smiles so big if we do it back to her after she's done it. 
  • She's transitioning from 3 naps to 2 and so far it's going pretty good! Only downside is I'm having a hard time getting her to drink enough ounces and that means she wakes up in the middle of the night hungry. Hoping we figured out a way to stop that, but we'll see! 
  • She can handles 2-3 hours wake time now - she does 2 hours in the morning, then a 2 hour nap, then 2 hours awake, then 2 hour nap, then 3.5 hours awake, bath and bedtime. It's fun getting so much more awake time with her! 
  • Still in size 3 diapers, fitting in 6 month clothes. She only has 2 9 month outfits, so as soon as she outgrows her clothes we'll be going shopping for a whole new wardrobe! 
  • She had the Sacrament for the first time yesterday! Because she's doing so good with solids, I gave her a teeny piece of the bread and she chewed it and swallowed it like it was no big deal. It was a proud moment for me, I've been waiting for this for such a long time! Like since I was 15 I've been so excited for having kids who can take the Sacrament. It was awesome! 
  • She loves that dumb binkie. SO dang much. Hope this isn't a problem in years to come but for right now we're ok with it. 
  • She "roars" sometimes - she LOVES it when we do it back. We call her our baby dinosaur. 
We absolutely love our little ray of sunshine, happy 7 months Kaycee! We love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment