Background

Monday, September 3, 2012

Our New Callings!!

Since I started my new job, I have been feeling REALLY busy and as a result, my blogging has slacked. Sorry! I am here to make up for it though - lots of posts to come! First one I wanted to post about is our new callings!!

As I mentioned a few posts ago, Jake & I both got new callings! Two members of the Bishopric came over on Wednesday August 8th to extend the callings. I was released as a Visiting Teaching Supervisor (someone who calls to see how the sisters in the ward are doing each month) and as a Nursery worker (someone who watches over the kids ages 18 months to 3 years old for 2 hours each Sunday). I wasn't super torn about being released from being a Visiting Teaching Supervisor - it was a fun calling but I was REALLY sad about getting released from Nursery. I absolutely LOVE my nursery kids and enjoy getting to play with them each week. They have really made me want to have kids - seriously. I ADORE the kids in my nursery class. But my new calling makes it all worth it - I have been called as Secretary in the Relief Society Presidency. GULP. The Relief Society is the organization over the women in the ward and this is a job that requires me to have LOTS of organization skills and to help support women in the ward that are my age. But they have kids, and I don't - and that immediately made me feel like I wouldn't be able to fulfill this calling as well as someone who has kids and can relate to the women better. I know that I was asked to do this calling for a reason and that I will be able to fulfill my responsibilities if I do the best I can because the Lord will do the rest.

Screenshot of the sisters I work with - SO blessed to get to work with Shannon, Angie & Betsey!
Then the Bishopric told us that they had a calling for Jake too. They asked if he would accept the calling, and he said he wanted to know what it was first. They asked if he would accept without knowing what it was, he said yes and then they told him - Secretary in the Young Men's Presidency. Ok mind blown. I seriously started crying. My amazing Jake is so fun to be around and will be PERFECT for this calling but I was still surprised because he hasn't been the most active person in the church the past 7 or 8 years. He does go to church with me most of the time, but has never had a calling before. This is a pretty heavy duty calling for a first one! He will be over the Young Men {ages 12-18} and helping the Presidency when needed with teaching, etc. To be honest, I don't know a ton about what his responsibilities will be. All I know is that this calling is an answer to my prayers - I have seen night and day differences since he was called.

Screenshot of the AMAZING men Jake will work with - seriously AMAZING guys! I am SO excited!
We are getting SO close to the temple - I think it may even happen this month! I am SOOOOOOO excited about our new callings and the wonderful changes that have already resulted in our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment