Background

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Just Remember

Today is May 22, tomorrow marks 8 weeks. And I am feeling that morning sickness thing that is so commonly associated with pregnancy. I still haven't thrown up, but yesterday I was so sick that I didn't get out of bed until around 4 PM and then I just moved to the couch, where I stayed until about 8:30 when I MADE myself get up and go to the grocery store and buy some food.

Last night Jake noticed I have a little fever and that kinda got me thinking - we have a flu going around our neighborhood and I wonder if maybe I caught part of that and that's why I felt so sick yesterday? Or maybe I am just really getting hit with morning sickness. Either way, I am ok with it because this is what I wanted. I want to have morning sickness, especially since it means that in a few months I'll have a precious little one to make it all worth it. This won't last forever.

It made me think of a verse from my favorite hymn, "Come come ye saints." The second verse says:

Why should we mourn
Or think our lot is hard?
Tis not so,
All is right.
Why should we think
To earn a great reward
If we now
shun the fight?
Gird up your loins
Fresh courage take
Our God will never
Us forsake
And soon we'll have
This tale to Tell
All is well
All is well.
 
I get to go through morning sickness with modern medicine. I CAN go to a doctor and say I can't handle this anymore - please give me medicine. I'm just choosing to try to do it without medicine. I AM PREGNANT!! I have wanted this for YEARS! I want that "great reward" of a baby, I can't "shun the fight" now. It'll all be worth it. Just gotta focus on how wonderful life will be in January :)
 
The biggest thing that has me worried right now is I don't feel like working anymore, because I feel so sick. But we want me to work until the very end so that we can save as much money as possible before the baby gets here. That may mean I need to ask a doctor for some medicine. Maybe I'll bring that up tomorrow at my appointment. I'll be sure to post how my 8 week appointment goes - first doctors appointment!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment