Background

Monday, January 28, 2013

25th Birthday Family Party!!

After we got home from church, we had just enough time to change out of our church clothes before heading over to my parent's house for my birthday party with them! We had gourmet turkey burgers, with regular beef burgers for the guys, with salad, shrimp, chips, veggies & hummus. The "burger bar" included turkey bacon, avocado and several different kinds of mustard {I LOVE mustard!!}

I got to use the red plate :)
Another view of the food
Jake getting his grub on
Everyone getting their food

It was really yummy!! Afterwards, everybody played Just Dance 4 on the Wii for a while. They tried to get me to do it, unsuccesfully. I want to play it, someday. Yesterday wasn't the day haha. Then it was time for presents! Brynne & Blake had to leave pretty early {she had a meeting for Young Women's} so we got right into gifts. No complaints from me!

The Devil Wears Prada on DVD. One of my favorite movies EVER!!
The Beginning of Better Days: Divine Instruction to Women from the Prophet Joseph Smith!
I was SUPER excited about this box... I knew it felt like a Nike box....
And it was!!! Bright pink with teal Nike Flex shoes!! LOVE them!!!!!
New garments!!!
New temple dress!!! Since losing weight, my other one is a bit big ;) I got another one from a girl I work with too {we traded} so now I have 2!!
Gift from Lizzy, Richard & Sarah - a $10 bill folded into an origami ring wrapped in streamers!!
First gift from Bryne & Blake - "Happy like Jesus". I just absolutely LOVE the picture on the front. Can't wait to read the inside! She is also making me a CD of songs that remind her of me. Also, cannot WAIT to get that! :)
Then it was time to sing to me :) My mom got me Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches instead of a cake, so I got to pretend to blow out a candle :)

Everyone singinge to me :)
Chocolate Peanut Butter & Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches. Joy in a box right there haha
Making my wish
My ice cream sandwich!!
Then we took a few pictures and then it was time to leave so that Jake could get some sleep!

Me & Brynne
Another shot of me & Brynne
Mom, me & Brynne
Jeannene, mom, me, Brynne & Popper. Love my sisters and mom!!!!
Me & my hubby
Sarah, me, Richard & Lizzy - love my step siblings!! We were just missing Matt, Emily, Keaton & Chris
I don't know how we got onto making this awesome pose but I love it haha. Lizzy was pretending she wanted nothing to do with us ;)
It was an awesome birthday bash!! I have an awesome family - seriously! And I love my gifts!!! Yay for turning 25!!

No comments:

Post a Comment