Background

Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Resolutions

New Year means New Years Resolutions. I know a lot of people think New Years Resolutions are lame but I love them. It's a new year - a fresh slate. A chance to change and become something different. Yes, you can do that any day of the year but something about the first day of the year makes me REALLY want to change, set goals & do my absolute best to accomplish those things.

Let's start by going over how I did with last years resolutions. Items in green are items that I accomplished!

1. Finish fencing our backyard {and hopefully get another puppy!}
2. Go on {or book} a cruise
3. Finish our fully funded emergency fund {6 months of expenses in savings}
4. Get back to the same size jeans I was wearing while Jake & I were first dating {that was 2 pant sizes away from where I was on January 1, 2012. I have passed that goal pant size by 3 pant sizes!}
5. Participate in an endowment session in every Salt Lake and Utah county temple {Almost - just missing Bountiful!}
6. Plant a tree in our yard
7. Participate in a 5K
8. Keep my Jeep clean, especially on the inside {vacuum regularly} Technically, I keep it REALLY clean since I don't have it anymore ;) but really, I did awesome at keeping it clean before I sold it and I am doing really good at keeping the Mazda clean too!
9. Work on being a better "housewife" - work on my cooking, become better at keeping the house clean and organized, etc.
10. Focus on taking life one day at a time and not getting stressed/upset about things that I can't control

Not too bad considering it was the first year that I accomplished ANY of my New Years Resolutions! I read in "Push", the book written by Chalene Johnson, that goals should be written in present tense, as if they have already been accomplished. New Years Resolutions/Crazy Cool items are:

1. I am sealed to Jake
2. I wear a size 8 in Silver Jeans
3. We have a fully funded emergency fund {$13,000}
4. We have a fully fenced backyard
5. I have attended Camp Do More
6. Jake & I have performed an endowment session, together, in every Utah & Salt Lake County temple
7. We have been on a cruise
8. We are still debt free {with the exception of the mortgage}
9. I am a stay home wife & mom, which means that...
10. I am a mom

These goals make me excited! These are things that I WANT to accomplish this year. Things that I am willing to work INCREDIBLY hard for, because I want them to happen! And guess what? They WILL happen, because I know how to make my goals happen. I know how to break them down into bite size pieces to make them accomplishable {is that a word?}. And these things are GOING to happen in 2013. 2011 was a great year. 2012 was a FLIPPIN AMAZING year. 2013 is going to be my best year yet!

P.S. I love that the things I didn't accomplish in 2012 are on my 2013 list. That was not planned. Apparently what I want in life hasn't changed over the last year - I still have the same priorities and want to accomplish the same things. YAY for consistency!!

No comments:

Post a Comment