Background

Thursday, April 25, 2013

A total bookworm

I haven't posted about what books I have read in a while so figured I would post them! I seriously LOVE how much I get to read at work - it's AWESOME! After I finished Breaking Dawn, I read "The short second life of Bree Tanner". Lindsey let me borrow it - it was really good actually. Gave vampires a different spin, and it was nice hearing something not in Bella's perspective. And it was short so I was able to get through it in a day or two. And then Lindsey, Spencer, Jake & I watched the Breaking Dawn movies. I really liked the filming in these ones - it looked so much better than the last few! But they SUCKED at sticking to the books. And that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Other than that though, pretty impressed.

Then I started reading the Hourglass Door series. Read the first one in a few days and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked them. I read the second one in a little less time and am waiting to read the third one {a girlfriend at work is letting me borrow hers}. It's different switching from the Twilight books to the Hourglass Door series to say the least - I'm used to Edward protecting Bella and being invincible and Dante lets Abby do things that put her in danger and Dante is NOT invincible so it's been a mind shift for me but I like the books a lot!

I also started reading "This Is Why You're Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever): Eat More, Cheat More, Lose More--and Keep the Weight Off" from Jackie Warner. Title jumps out at ya right? I got it before Christmas and just am now starting it. The main reason I want to read it is because she talks a lot about how to incorporate cheat meals so that this is for life. The Eat Clean Diet book was amazing, but I felt like there was no cheating - you do this for life and that means no dessert or chips or crackers ever again which lead to binging. So I like that this book talks about the importance of "relaxing" on the weekends. I've only read the first chapter but so far I really like it. I had no idea that hormones played such a big role in losing weight and maintaining it!

Once I finish the book all the way through I'll be sure to post how the rest of it was and whether or not it's something I can apply to my life :) And as soon as I'm done with the 3rd Hourglass Door book I'll be looking for recommendations, because I hate having down time in between books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment