Background

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Clint's Homecoming

February 10th was Clint's homecoming talk. It was also a missionary farewell that day too so it was a SUPER packed meeting. He did amazing - as usual. His farewell talk was SUPER amazing, so I don't know why I was surprised when his homecoming talk was rocking. He shared quite a few missionary experiences and stories. He also talked about how he felt really blessed that so much missionary work had been going on here at home, thanks to the blessings he received for serving a mission. Like Grandma Robbins going back to the temple, Mom & Dad McClellan getting sealed right before he left, me receiving my endowment while he was gone and Jake receiving the Melchezidek Priesthood. I held it together pretty well until the end when he started talking about that. It really was an amazing talk - I am so proud to be a part of his family!

After the meeting, we stayed and visited with people in the Chapel for a while and then headed back to the house for breakfast. Mom & Dad McClellan went for a gourmet pastry breakfast - every imaginable kind of muffin, a TON of different kinds of cookies, rolls & fruit with milk & OJ. Seriously - SO much food!




It was really fun to get to talk to so many family members. I feel like we don't see some of these family members as often as I'd like - I love the extended family I got when I married Jake!! And we got to talk with a ton of Clint's friends from high school, a few of his companions, & some ward members from his mission! Plus ward members from Mom & Dad's ward {me & Jake's old ward} so it was like an awesome big reunion!














I wish Kenzie & Emrie could have been here though - that would have made it perfect. I am so glad Clint is home - and I am so glad he went on a mission and set such a good example for our family. Leaving his job, his family & his girlfriend was not an easy choice to make and he made that sacrifice for the Lord. I am so proud of him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment