Background

Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. I don't hate it, I just don't think that it's a good reflection of how you feel about your significant other. You should show each other love every day, not just that one day. So then I think that I don't want to make a big deal of it. I told Jake not to get me flowers. And the night before Valentine's I regretted it. I wanted flowers - Angie's husband brought some in to work to leave them on her desk for Angie to be surprised Valentine's morning and I wanted that too! I dropped a couple hints {Jake had no hope of picking up on them - they were VERY vague} but wasn't holding my breath.

Valentine's morning, Jake came home late from work because he had a meeting. I was thinking "yeah right - you bought me flowers" but he came home empty handed. So then I thought maybe he hid them on the washer by my purse. I get ready for work, walk out to look and nothing is on the washer. He kinda sighed and was like "oh shoot - I forgot to get you a card" and then I was crushed. I had bluntly told him that I wanted a card. I like cards. I can keep them. And they can be mushy and help me be a bawl baby on days I feel emotional. So when he said he didn't get me a card, I was bummed.

Leave for work, walk in and I'm talking to Angie as I walk to my desk, telling her how bummed I was that I missed seeing her reaction to her flowers on her desk. And then I walk around the teller line and look at my desk and there were FLOWERS!! And a note on my keyboard addressed to "wife" {Jake always calls me wife, I call him husband. Started when we were dating - he called me girlfriend and I called him boyfriend}. I got so excited and out loud was like "GOOD JOB JAKE!!" even though he wasn't here haha. He text me right then and was like "haha I fooled you". Yes, he sure did. Good job babe!!

My desk - flowers on my chair, note on my keyboard
Close up of my card. It was SO Jake, but also very romantic and cute. I love that he doesn't get cards that sound nothing like something he would really say. It makes it that much more real. And I can keep it FOR-EV-ER {pronounced like on Sandlot}
My flowers once I took them home and put them in a vase
View of my flowers from up top
But then, I realized that I hadn't got anything for Jake. Yeah whoops. So I went and got something at lunch for Jake to surprise him with when I got home.

Wrapped all cute with the note inside it
Opening the gift up - there was tissue ALL over the bed {he woke up just as I got home}

What I got him - beef jerky, a monster, almond joy, snickers & a watch {which I am returning haha. He doesn't like watches and I knew that but I was thinking he might want one - not so}
Then we tried to figure out what we were going to do for dinner. The plan was that we do Cafe Rio - order take out, go pick it up and bring it home to eat together. I called to order while I was still at work and the wait time was almost 2 hours. 2 hours!!! So yeah there went that idea. We ended up ordering take out from China Express, the little Chinese place by our house. The wait was still 45 minutes but that's not too bad for Valentine's Day haha.

Jake got Orange Chicken, I got a shrimp stir fry {bam for making a healthy choice!!!} with ham fried rice, egg rolls & cream cheese wontons
Me & my Valentine
He was so not wanting to take pictures haha
After dinner, we watched "The Office". Perfect night for us - dinner at home while watching TV together. It's very us - nothing fake and overly cheesy for a day that is devoted to commericalized love. But Jake gets the best husband ever award for how well he surprised me. He seriously did AWESOME! I feel so lucky to have married him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment