Background

Monday, July 8, 2013

Tender Mercies

So this post is from my phone, so it'll be pretty short but I have just had one too many good things today to not write them down, so here goes a short post.

I started my new shift today. Getting off at 2 was a heaven send. And this shift wasn't available a few months ago. I feel really blessed that it opened when it did, right when I needed it. I feel really blessed that we can afford for me to lose the pay of working full time, losing my insurance benefits, losing PTO - thanks to Jake's job. Just in case I don't talk about it enough, I am SOOOOO grateful for Jake's job and all that it provides for us. 

I'm grateful that in a few months, I will be able to quit my job and be a stay home mom. That's an amazing blessing that not every women gets, especially with their first baby, but I do. And I'm so grateful for that, for Jake's job, for the home we bought and the mortgage we have that we can afford, for the cars we can afford to drive because we are still debt free. I'm so grateful. 

I'm grateful for the weird weather today. After I got off work, I went to the grocery store and bought a few things and picked up Jake's dry cleaning and as I drove home I realized I needed to throw up. I made it to a parking lot {tender mercy - grateful I didn't throw up all over myself} and after I was finished, it started POURING. Like torrential down pour, flash flood kinda rain. But not until AFTER I threw up and was back in my dry car. Tender mercy. 

I had the chance to immediately come home, get in pajamas and sleep off my nausea thanks to my new schedule. And then, I had the energy I needed to make dinner - a good dinner {lasagna from scratch} and then do the dishes. My energy is better than it was, that's for sure. Huge tender mercy. 

I'm just so grateful for where I'm at in life, for how my life is panning out. I'm very blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment