Background

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

37 weeks - a watermelon

Dear Kaycee,

Sorry I got a little behind on your weekly posts - last week, you were also a watermelon. I think you'll be a watermelon until you arrive. Dad and I lovingly refer to you as our bowling ball lol. 

I found this little questionnaire on a friends blog and decided to post this in each of your updates for the last month. It'll help me remember what things I want to be posting about, since our time together is almost done and you're about to make your debut! 

How far along? 37 weeks 4 days 
Total weight gain? Yeah not gonna discuss THAT one lol 
Maternity clothes?  Yes, but most of what I wear are some of my clothes from before I lost weight. Part of me wishes I had held onto more of those clothes, but oh well! 
Sleep? Getting better sleep than a few weeks ago. My favorite place to sleep is the couch, especially if I have the fan on and my favorite quilt. I could pass out for hours on the couch
Miss Anything? I miss doing Turbo, and I really miss sleeping on my back. It's all worth it though!
Movement? Definitely still a little wiggle worm, but the movements feel different now. Your head down {ultrasound at your 36 week appointment confirmed that} and I feel more wiggles than punches
Cravings? Granola. Random right? And Raisin Bran. But I love cereal. Just usually not those cereals. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Certain smells from DoTerra oils make me a little queasy, and we keep them all in our medicine cabinet so every time I open the cabinet I have to hold my breath. 
Gender?  Girl
Labor Signs? Not tons, but I have had a few Braxton Hicks recently. Last night I had a little cramping and dad was so excited - he wanted me to start timing them, but they weren't anywhere near consistent enough to worry about that yet. At my 36 week appointment, there was no indication of being dialated yet
Symptoms? Nope, blood pressure has been great, and I still feel awesome. Pregnancy has been really good to me the last half!
Belly Button in or out? In, and it'll stay that way :)
Wedding rings on or off? Just barely went to off - I HATE not wearing it. I don't sleep with my ring on, so when I put it on first thing in the morning it fits fine but a few hours later it hurts and is hard to get off, so I stopped wearing it. Can't wait to wear it consistently again! 
Looking forward to: Seeing dad hold you for the first time, seeing your grandparents hold you, especially my mom & dad since they are first time grandparents, and seeing my sisters hold you, since you're making them aunts! 

Stretch marks? Yes and no, only what I had before pregnancy but they are faint and hard to see, thankfully

The last few days, my tummy seems to be getting bigger. Even dad has noticed - you must be having a growth spurt. I can still reach my toes though - I gave myself a pedicure a few nights ago and it went great. I'm grateful I can still do things like that!

Dad & I went to a birth class & breastfeeding class last week, and it was interesting to say the least. Dad is traumatized from seeing the live birth classes, and I gotta admit it freaked me out a little too. But we learned a LOT of important things, especially in the birth class, so I am very glad we went and totally recommend it to anyone who is having a baby for the first time. We have slowly started accumulating things to pack in our hospital bag for your arrival, and have a list in case you make your appearance earlier than expected. I seriously doubt you're coming early though. Obviously, we'll see, but births generally go like how their mom's went, and my mom didn't have me or your aunts without being induced {except Brynnie, but she still needed pitocin to help along}. So I think your birthday will be January 10, the day my midwife's said they would induce you if you hadn't come on your own yet.

I'm really enjoying our time together, miss. Yes, I miss things, and yes I'm nervous for your birth, but it'll all be worth it. I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to be your mom. I can NOT wait to see dad hold you, to see Max sniff you for the first time. It's going to be amazing.

Love you princess.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment