Background

Monday, December 30, 2013

My dad turns 50!

Yesterday, my dad turned 50! We celebrated by having him over for dinner to our house and doing dinner and gifts! Jeannene & Lauryl went to get him, which was a huge stress relief for me. We were planning to have enchilada's for dinner, but because of the hospital excursion Jake wanted me to take it easy and not cook anything. He had already cooked the chicken in the crockpot, so we just had chicken taco's instead. Brynne & Blake brought Spanish Rice, Popper brought salad & Jeannene made apple pie for dessert. It was delicious! And Jake did EVERYTHING for our part of the dinner.

Including the dishes. 

Seriously, I have the best husband ON THE PLANET. He took SUCH good care of me yesterday. 

After we were finished with dinner, it was time for my dad to open his presents! We did presents from youngest to oldest, so he opened the gift from Popper first. 


She wrote him a sweet note. Such a good idea!
She gave him 2 framed pictures - 1 of the 4 of us from family pictures earlier this year, and 1 of Jeannene & Lauryl from family pictures 

Then my dad opened the gift from Jeannene
She wrote him a sweet note too, and is taking him to see "Saving Mr. Banks" in theaters this Wednesday, assuming we don't have a baby!
Reading Jeannene's note
Brynne & Blake got him a Clair M Poulson book - my dad LOVES his books!
We got my dad "Man of Steel" on DVD. We went with him to see it in theaters and he loved it
And we got him a framed picture of pictures from our sealing of the 4 girls with my dad and a picture of me and my dad
After we had dinner, we all chatted for a bit and then had apple pie for dessert! 

We didn't have any candles, so Brynne held up a knife for pretend while we sang to my dad
It was a great night, and a wonderful chance to celebrate my dad's birthday! I am so glad that we were able to have his birthday celebration on his birthday, since I know his birthday tends to be combined with Christmas sometimes. It was great! Happy 50th dad, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment