Background

Monday, October 7, 2013

For FREE?!?

Last week, while talking with the girls at work, I decided I wanted a bassinet for Kaycee to sleep in. I started looking at Wal Mart and saw they were only about $45. If they are that cheap brand new, how cheap are they on KSL? So I got on and found one in Lehi for $25. I text the owner and was going to see if they would take $10-15 for it, and they ended up telling me if I came and got it, I could have it for free! I was super excited and told her I'd be there that night after Jake woke up.

Around 7 that night, Jake & I drove to her house. When we got there, she told us that she had felt inspired when I text her to just let us have it for free, and told us that if we wanted it, we could have the other baby stuff she had listed on KSL for free as well. Seriously?! How AMAZING is that?! We said yes, of course, and thanked her profusely and loaded up our new treasures. Tonight, I finally got around to taking pictures of our new gear for princess!

Her bassinet. It also has a little cover for it that isn't attached
A "Snugli" baby backpack. She can face forward and look out or she can face in and look at me when I wear it. 
A bouncer that vibrates & plays music or ocean sounds! 
And a pack n play with a sheet!
The previous weekend, when we were painting Kaycee's polka dots, we told someone who had contacted us via KSL that they could have the crib we were listing for free if they came and got it. She ended up meeting us in AF, and because we traveled to meet her, she offered to pay Jake $10. He told her no, it was ok and let her just have it. I think that's part of the reason we got all this stuff for free - karma. What goes around comes around. And what a wonderful blessing this was that came around for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment