Background

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kaycee's BYU Blanket

When I went to buy the fabric to make Kaycee's "main" blanket, I saw this BYU fabric and could not pass it up. She already has 3 different BYU outfits and a BYU receiving blanket, but I wanted her to have a good warm BYU blanket she could drag around the house with her when she's older. Sticking with her room theme and my all-time favorite color, I got pink fleece for the back.

One of my crazy cool goals was to make a blanket for Kaycee, and she is getting a blanket that I participated in, but I didn't make the whole thing. I don't have that satisfaction of looking at it knowing "I did that all by myself" so this blanket was a GREAT idea because I was able to do it by myself and because it didn't involve sewing, I know I will make another blanket like this again someday.

Monday night, while Jake was asleep, Max & I turned on "Castle" on TV and set out to make her blanket.

I think people think I'm being dramatic when I say Max always wants to be near me. I'm not - he's always RIGHT next to me. Here's the 2 fabrics I picked
Laid the fabric out and was getting ready to start cutting and he laid down right on top and got comfy. This blanket isn't for you Max!!
After I had tied the first side
All done! I tried to show the pink by flipping one side up. I love how it turned out!
Laid out on the floor, all done!
It took me less than 2 hours to do the whole thing, which I was surprised about. I was using pretty dull scissors, or it may have gone even faster. I love how it turned out, and I love the size - it'll be perfect for her to use as she grows. Can't wait to see her with it - only 10 more weeks until my due date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment